Education is the cornerstone of prosperity. By supporting our students and teachers, we support our community and our economy. As your representative, I will actively reject any legislation that would seek to remove resources from our public schools or legislation that would put our students in danger.
- For increased per-pupil funding for public schools
- For accountability across all schools that receive public funds
- For proper (increased) teacher & support personnel pay and benefits
- For educational employees’ right to collectively bargain
- Opposed to high-stakes testing requirements
I believe we have the basic right to seek our own happiness and prosperity, regardless of age, sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or sexual identity. As your representative, I will actively reject any legislation that would seek to limit the rights of any individual based on discriminatory classifications.
- For ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment
- For restoration of voting rights to returning citizens
- For equal pay for equal work
- Opposed to any law that discriminates against any individual
- Opposed to the arrest of any person without a signed judicial warrant
Affordable and Accessible Healthcare
Our most vulnerable populations are finding it increasingly difficult to find the care they require, and the prices they can afford. We must ensure that Floridians are properly taken care of as a matter of public health and ethical principle. As your representative, I will actively work to support any legislation that provides affordable and accessible medical treatment to all Floridians, especially the elderly and those in need. Read my full healthcare plan here.
- For Medicaid expansion and providing more than 800,000 Floridians with access to affordable healthcare
- For additional support for home caregivers
- For medical (and recreational) use of marijuana
- For increased funding for women’s reproductive health services
- Opposed to removing protections for Floridians with preexisting conditions
We should be investing in women’s health initiatives and supporting efforts to ensure equal rights for all women. As your representative, I will support and promote the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), and I will actively defend a woman’s right to make her own medical decisions.
- For a woman’s right to choose and make her own reproductive decisions
- For funding women’s health screenings and services
- For the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment
- Opposed to any legislation that denies a woman autonomy over her body
Safety and Security
I am a gun owner, I have a concealed carry permit, and I enjoy practicing at my local gun range. However, I’m also a law-abiding citizen who legally purchased my guns, does not use them to harm others, and safely stores them. Unfortunately, that is not always the case for every person who has a gun. As your representative, I will support a working system that promotes responsible gun ownership.
- For expanded background checks
- For educational safety programs that teach parents and individuals how to model responsible behavior around guns and storage practices
- Opposed to Stand Your Ground laws
- Opposed to arming school faculty and staff
Cybersecurity and Defense
One of the biggest threats we face is cyber attacks, or hacking. Organizations of all sizes and in all industries are being affected right now, including our doctors, lawyers, financial institutions, and more. As your representative, I will work to ensure that your personal, medical, and financial data is being protected under the law and that businesses are held accountable for ignoring the necessity of these protections.
- For amending the The Florida Information Protection Act to further protect consumer privacy
- For the enforcement of the The Florida Information Protection Act to hold companies accountable for neglect
- For the creation of no-cost small business cybersecurity resources to help companies understand their risks
- Opposed to reduction of security standards and jeopardizing consumer protection principles
Our economy is dependent on a healthy environment. I will advocate to preserve the natural areas that make Seminole County special. As your representative, I will support our rural boundary, responsible renewable energy production, and conservation efforts.
- For protection of the Seminole County Rural Boundary
- For expansion of renewable energy production
- For investment in solar energy
- For conservation efforts that support our local communities and tourism
- Opposed to fracking
- Opposed to runaway development
- Opposed to attacks on home rule that affect local environments
No person should have to decide between medical care and being able to put food on the table. Hard-working Floridians deserve an opportunity to earn a living wage and be treated with dignity and respect. As your representative, I will actively support efforts to ensure worker’s have the right to fair wages.
- For the right to earn a living wage
- For affordable housing initiatives and appropriate use of the Sadowski Funds
- For protected and expanded parental leave
- For worker’s rights to collectively bargain
- Opposed to any legislation that would seek to remove or reduce the rights of individuals to organize into unions and the rights of unions to work for their members